Heart Leaf Philodendron 'hederaceum'
Heart Leaf Philodendron 'hederaceum', often called Philodendron Cordatum, are easy to care for and beautifully vining or climbing plants.
- Requires bright to moderate, indirect light
- No harsh direct sun
- Allow top 1-2 inches of soil to dry in between waterings
- Can tolerate the forgetful waterer
- Water every 10-14 days depending on humidity and temperature
- Yellowing leaves indicates over-watering or lack of light
- Humidity is beneficial - mist daily for best results
- A well aerated soil is best - indoor mix with perlite and bark will do
- Must be well draining
- Toxic to animals and people
- Avoid getting plant sap on skin as it may cause irritation
- If you notice longer vines between leaves, it is stretching for light - move closer to a light source
- Can tolerate being rootbound for a time; only needs to be repotted every couple years